In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

F. A. Soule House, 130 Center Street, Bangor, 1852

Contributed by Maine Historical Society and Maine State Museum
MMN Item 100927 Item Details
F. A. Soule House, 130 Center Street, Bangor, 1852
MMN Item 100927 Zoom


The south side and eastern end of the F.A. Soule House at 130 Center Street, Bangor, are shown as the buildings and grounds appeared on September 25, 1852.

John Martin (1823-1907), an accountant and shopkeeper in Bangor, bought the house in 1852. He and wife and child and his parents moved into it.

Martin made a sketch of the house, which he probably recopied onto page 391 of a journal he wrote and illustrated in 1864. The journal recounts his life and experiences. He made numerous improvements to the house and grounds, which he details in other portions of the journal.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.